Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm thankful for... (4)
Books! ^_^

What would the world be like without books??? A very sad place indeed. I'm incredibly thankful that libraries, bookstores exist, and that I have read all the books I have in my life. I learned to read as early as 3, and even then, I loved to read! Of course, I'd have to give a lot of credit to J. K. Rowling, who wrote the best-selling series that got me addicted to fiction novels forever! Long live Harry Potter! ^_^ Of course, I don't only like fiction novels. I am also a huge fan of poetry books, short story compilations, and autobiographies of my favorite heroes. And maybe some well-written non-fictions...

I have read hundreds and hundreds of books in my life! I'm glad that I used to keep a few lists of what I read in the past. Sometimes just looking at the title of a book I read long ago is enough to make me remember the plot and the characters and everything I loved about a particular adventure. I loved keeping my Book Club blog for the almost 2 years that I did. It was really fun for me to review the books I read and share my feelings of them with the world.

I also love meeting the people who have written my favorite books!!! Author events are so much fun! I am so thankful that I have been so fortunate to have met/ come into contact with several famous authors in my life! I love shaking their hands, getting their autograph, asking them questions, and just thinking to myself "OMG! I am actually in the presence of (fill-in-the-blank)!!!"

In addition, I'm so glad that I've met a few awesome authors online. I've emailed them, seen their blogs, sometimes even just had them comment on my blog, which is a huge honor. I'm talking about James Dashner, J. Scott Savage, Laura Bingham, Kaza Kingsley, Aprilynne Pike (well, at least her husband commented) and (even though he's not an official author yet, I still have lots of faith in him) Graham "Chops" Bradley. ^_~ I'm a huge fan of your work, man. I just know you'll be published and famous someday.

I love imagining that I, too, will someday write my own book(s) and publish it/them. It is one of my big dreams, my highest goal in life. I want to be an author, and turn out books of poetry, or short stories, or works of fiction that everyone will love... One day, I will. You'll see. ^_~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just added your feed to my favorites. I really enjoy reading your posts.

Magenta said...

Why thank you, Anonymous person. That's so nice ^_^

Perhaps you come with a name and/or blog that I can check out myself? It would be cool to make a new friend.