200 posts in this blog. Can you believe it??? I can't.
Well then, how can I make this particular post special for you guys? Hmm... I know! ^_^
I don't often make those Top 10 lists that people such as James Dashner makes, but I think it would be a good idea to do that now. At least a Top 5 list.
- Has anyone noticed how quickly 2010 is flying past us? Half the year is gone already. I never want it to end. I think 2010 has been, for me, the best year ever. ^_^ It's been amazing. I've met famous people, I've gone to Israel, I helped put up an awesome website, and I've been blogging for a good year and a half.
- Having said that, I have to admit that I feel slightly disappointed by my fellow bloggers. It must be because it's Summer now, but most of you guys haven't posted anything new in weeks! Only a couple of my friends, like Jacoby and Graham, are bothering to update their blogs these days. I wish I knew what the rest of you were up to. ~_~
- Speaking of Summer, my family and I are once again making plans to go up to Boston to fix up and rent out the apartment we own there. I'm looking forward to going back there. It's kind of funny, because last year, in 2009, my sister and I went to Boston twice and my Mom, Dad and brother went once, and this year, while my twin and I were in Israel, my family hung around Boston for a bit, so it'll be their 2nd time and our 1st. ^_^ (Sorry if you feel a bit confused. It makes sense to us.) I think we'll be going in August, so you don't need to miss me yet.
- Oh my gosh. I just realized that next month is August. That means the month after that is September! Good God, I'm going to be 19 in several weeks! Unbelievable. ^__^
- I'm not very clear on the details right now, but I believe we're going to a Ringo Starr concert tonight, at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, so I'm very excited for that. ^_^ My parents say that when I was a baby they took me to a Paul concert, but I wasn't old enough to actually appreciate what that meant. Now I am. Ringo is my favorite Beatle, I think. Though McCartney is awesome too. ^_^
Hmm, I can't really think of anything else to say about myself... Well, when I wrote my 100th post, I remember being thankful for all the friends I've met here. Maybe I'll expand on that a little bit. Really show my appreciation for you guys. ^_~
- Jacoby: You will always belong on the top of this list. You've been my friend from the very beginning of this blog. But our friendship has gone way beyond that of 2 random bloggers with a few things in common. You are a unique person, the sunshine of my life. Sometimes I take this connection of ours for granted, and I miss you when you don't have internet, and I worry that you've forgotten about me. ~,~ But to this day, whenever you write a new blog postor send me an email, you instantly put me in a good mood. It never fails. I love reading anything you have to say, even if it's been ages since the previous communication. I dream of the day that we can finally meet each other in person. Until then... talk to you later. ^_~
- Brian: You haven't blogged or commented in the longest time, like since February. I don't know what's happened to you, but I appreciate how in the early days you were one of my good friends. Long live BBQ.
- Q: Same to you, except you at least blogged a couple weeks ago. Such a quirky gal (is that what Q stands for?), I've always enjoyed the constructive criticism you've offered for the good of my writing. I hope everything's well with you, and long live BBQ. ^_~
- Rani: Since I've known you, you always have such nice things to say. You're one of the few people who still semi-regularly comment on my posts, and I appreciate that very much. Hopefully you're doing fine in Alabama, getting settled into your new life. It's been 4 weeks since your "ghost" arrived there, so I hope you'll blog again very soon. You write awesome poetry, you're a vegetarian, we share taste in books and movies, and you've been a good friend. Thank you very much.
- Dave: It's definitely been a long time since I heard from you or your family. The last book review you posted was back in May. Hopefully everything's going well with you. I appreciate all the emails you wrote me and how much we kept in touch in the past. You probably don't read this blog anymore, but thanks for being friends with me.
- Graham: You are a hero to me, man. ^_^ I'm serious. You have amazing potential as an author, and I dearly hope you get published someday. You more than anyone would deserve it. You've allowed me to read a couple of your works in progress, like Sidewinder, Lunaratus, and Ghost Machines, which are totally awesome stories. You have a really quirky sense of humor in your book and blog writing that I happen to like very much. Just like me, you manage to keep up a regular blog and a book review blog, both of which I keep constant tabs on. Thanks for turning me on to some great books out there that I never would have considered if not for you. Oh, and everyone, please look into entering one of his Prompt Impromptu contests sometime soon.
- And of course, this 200th post extravaganza wouldn't be complete without a shout-out toJames Dashner: Believe it or not, you are the person who got me blogging in the first place. You have quickly become one of my favorite authors of ALL time. I'm so glad that I found your blog, followed it, and started up my own blogging journey. Your sense of humor is brilliant, and I'm positive that the 13th Reality series and the Maze Runner trilogy will stand the test of time. I will never forget your kindness to me, picking me as the winner to a contest of yours and sending me an ARC (Advanced Reader's Copy) of Maze Runner. It is a treasured possession. I know you must be extremely busy, writing 2 book series at a time and all, so you don't often get time to blog a lot, but know that I'll always be following you. I'll remain a loyal fan. (Hey, maybe it'll get me the ARC to the 2nd Maze book. Who knows? ^_~)
I've had other friends, but they seem to have fallen by the wayside that much more than these guys. I'm sorry about not mentioning you, but I hope all is well with you, and perhaps we'll be able to rekindle those friendships anew, in the future. It's all up to you.
One of the best ways you can become (and remain) my friend is by commenting me. Not just this blog, but also my Book Club and Poetry Corner. A lot of those posts can certainly do with some comments. If you read my blogs, I'd like to hear your opinions on my writing. I may blog mostly for myself, just like a lot of people, but I also try to blog for you guys.
If any of you read this post all the way to the bottom, YOU ARE AWESOME! ^_^ Please let me know that you made it. Give yourself a ★ in the comments below.