Wednesday, January 6, 2010

virtual conversation

I felt like talking with a friend,
so I wrote an email, then hit "send".

Within an hour, little did I know,
He'd log in and say "hello!"

When I came and found him waiting,
inside I felt like celebrating!
I wrote him back, so he'd know I was there.
Nothing could have truly prepared

me for the unbelievable chat
that would follow after that!

I think one would simply balk
at how much we sat and talked.
Each of us spoke with a zillion words,
though no one's voices could be heard.

(That's actually not completely true.
Just go back a post or two. ^_^)

Our conversation sure was long,
but he lightened it up with a couple of songs.
We chatted for so long it seemed
that we were talking in a dream.

We talked about everything, and to boot,
together we hunted for my face in "Hoot"!

Even after an hour and a half,
this guy made me smile and laugh.
Would you believe we talked longer than that?
It presently came to be quite lat.

(The "e" key sometimes failed to work,
so please wipe off that silly smirk.)

I told him that I had to go then,
so I could finish writing my poem.
So we logged off and said good-bye.
Away from my laptop I gave a sigh.

Thanks for talking with me, friend.
I sure can't wait to do it again! ^_^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can't think of a better name for this right now, but here's my latest poem! Based on entirely true events! I think it's my very best so far. ^_~ Just forget that some of them are only half-rhymes.

This link and this other link go to the songs that I heard. ^_^ I loved them!

And if you want to see yours truly as an extra in a Hollywood movie (not joking!), see these two movie clips (here) (and then here!) In the 7/9 one, I'm sitting in the middle at 6:57. Then in 8/9, you don't really see me until 4:43, putting down a cup on the left-hand corner. ^_^ Enjoy.

3 comments:

J.N. Future Author said...

and hunted for your face in hoot ^.^

*gasp* wow! I will admit it, I was totally smiling that you had ACTUALLY misspelled a word! but then I read the lines below and that smile got even wider ^.^

^.^ I have not had so much fun in a long time! ^.^

Rainy said...

You're so awesome at poetry! I figured the conversation was with Jacoby, it sounded like it.

I didn't know you and Annette were in "HOOT"! That was such a good book! How could you both brush that off so easily? But then I thought, maybe it was in her book blog. (I rarely read book blogs because I never want to spoil the books reviewed in case I ever read it) So I searched for hoot, and found your post on it. That is so cool, you guys are like, famous. I've seen "HOOT" a few times and never caught that.

Magenta said...

^_^ Yes, Jacoby. The misspelling was completely intentional. I wanted to write something funny, to get a rise out of whoever read it. I think it's funny. Glad you do too. ^_~

Thanks, Rainy. Yeah, Jacoby commenting kind of made it obvious, huh?
Haha, yeah, we're regular movie stars! Check out Jacoby's latest post. He put a up a couple video clips from the movie where you can see us! ^_^