Wednesday, January 6, 2010

This is how it went:

I really apologize for the way my speech was filmed so shakily. My younger brother came with us to the meeting and did the recording, since my twin Annette was busy counting my "ahs" and "ums." But I think I did a good job. ^_^
It seems I can't put up my evaluation here, so I'll do it in a separate post. Man, I didn't need to be worried about anything! Yeah, it was my first speech, but now I'll never have to do it again. ^_^ When I do make a speech in the future, it will be my second, never the first again! Isn't it weird how things you look forward to so much so quickly become things of the past?

4 comments:

Q said...

Next time, don't write out your speech word for word and memorize that because it comes out stilted. Instead, know what points you're going to cover and talk about them like you're talking one on one to every member of the audience at the same time. How you write is (and should be) different than how you speak in normal conversation, so it will sound more natural this way.

Otherwise, great job.

Q said...

Oh, also, don't wring your hands; it makes you look nervous.

Silvergal said...

I think you did amazing for your first speech ever Bettina, I am SO proud of you! It's an excellent beginning...

ilana {elaine} said...

Your very first public speech was informative, interesting & original..since it was YOUR life's story. I am VERY proud of you & the intro by Kim, gave you the score of 100% !! I look forward to the 2nd speech, & perhaps a tripod will solve the "jigggles"..Adam did a good job, also..