Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ooh, the pain! It hurts me...

Oh god, my legs are killing me. ~,~ They ache so much! This is because yesterday, Annette and I went to a rehearsal for a play that we'd auditioned for a couple Mondays ago. (We actually missed a rehearsal last Saturday.)

First we warmed up our voices and practiced a song from Chorus Line for about an hour (probably ought to watch that) and then for the next hour we did our best to follow along with a very complicated dance! Step, kick, kick, leap, kick, touch... again, step, kick, kick, leap, kick, touch... But I think the worst part was when we stretched beforehand. TORTURE! 0,o

I can't believe how inflexible I am. I'm probably not the only one, but it kills me to do a split (or not) and I'm nowhere near touching my toes. ~,~ It's the next day and I'm still feeling the burn. I've been rubbing my thighs and calves all evening.

Despite all this, I think I'm going to keep on with it. Because I'm not a quitter. And hey, I might actually learn something from this. I once heard an expression that you really only grow when you're in pain. I just wish that in this case it didn't have to be the physical kind!

No comments: