Friday, January 29, 2010

I'm writing again! ^_^

Yes, it's true. I'm so proud of myself. And I think what I've written is actually quite good. ^_^ How about that? Yesterday I started out with about 600 words. By the end of the day, I more than doubled my word count. 1,400 words in total now.

I don't know what makes me procrastinate writing my book so much. I mean, writing was so much fun yesterday! I just sat for a couple hours and let the story unfold itself. It was great.

Of course, I am trying to write Imazia back from the beginning. Trying to start the whole thing anew. Maybe I'm worried that I won't get it right the first time, so I put it off for more "important" things. But perhaps I ought to remember that writing isn't supposed to be perfect. Not at first, anyway. That's what editing is for. ^_^ And anyway, who knows how long it took for some of my favorite author heroes to get their books the way they wanted them?

From now on, I'm going to try my best to write a little bit every day. And trust me, it'll be my very best. I'll even write on the weekends!

Edit: Oh, by the way, it slipped my mind before. Last Tuesday I gave my second ever Toastmaster speech. It was pretty okay. I was really nervous, and I don't like how I sounded in the video that was taken of it, so I won't post it. Still, I thought it was worth mentioning. ^_^

2 comments:

Deb said...

At a writers conference, J. Scott Savage once told me that by the time a book hits the shelves, it's been through a rough draft, several rewrites, and a couple of editors. Don't get discouraged if it's not perfect...advice I definitely need to take myself :)

Rainy said...

Whoa! Uber awesome news! You're that much closer to getting published, and I'm that much closer to reading it! With a wicked name like Imazia, (and it's wicked author ^.~) it'll sure to be great.

My word verification thing is arylati. That sounds pretty wicked too (random).