Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Busy plans

I've been staring at white space for a few minutes, wondering what my 2nd poem should be about. But then I decided I could do it later. I have all day for it. Anyway, I wanted to talk about something else. I'm not sure whether I'll have the time to otherwise.

My gosh, my New Year's Eve and Day are going to be so busy! On the night of December 31st, my sister, brother and I all have a baby-sitting gig. We have to take care of 4 kids from 7:00 PM to around noon the next day! That's all night and most of the morning! And then straight afterwards, on the first day of the first month of a new year (^__^), my family and I are going to a New Years party that we've gone to every year for a couple years. Lots of food and fun.

(sigh) I half wish my New Years Eve and Day were a little quieter. Maybe more meditative. I'd have liked staying up until midnight, experiencing the change from 2009 to 2010, watching the ball drop in New York, see a few fireworks outside. Well, maybe we'll be able to do that when we're baby-sitting, but probably only if we're able to get the kids asleep. And anyway, it'll be in someone else's house. We'll have to sleep over. Can you imagine starting the New Year by waking up somewhere other than your own bedroom? Weird. Then straight on to the party, where we'll probably hang out all day...

Man, can you believe we have less than 48 hours of 2009 left? Then we'll be starting a new decade! ^_^ I'm going to have a lot of fun this year. I promise that I'm going to be a totally different person! (Well, maybe not totally different, but I hope I'm able to notice some change next New Years Eve.)

No comments: