Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Forum Friends!

So I've been using Go!Animate (I'll refer to it as Go!A) for about 5 days now. It's a nice place to view amateur videos (which are sometimes funny, and sometimes ridiculous =P) and even try my hand at creating my own. I am currently working on a new video for April Fool's Day. My first text-to-speech video! ^_^ (Even though the way the voices talk kinda bug me. =P)

The first 4 days, I realized I wasn't making any friends. When I saw different cartoons, I noticed that their creators had dozens and dozens of followers, called "fans". I wondered how they got that way... Well yesterday I found out what was missing from my full Go!A experience: I wasn't hitting the forums. 0_0

I don't have a lot of experience with forums, though I've posted on a couple threads in the past. On Go!A, I observed that a large part of the community is developed through their forums, particularly the "Open Forum", where you can make up topics that are totally random and often have absolutely nothing to do with Go!A at all! These threads can get really wild and crazy, let me tell you. ^__^

So I jumped into the middle of a few threads, and started a couple of my own topics, just for the heck of it. Almost immediately, people started noticing me and talking to me through the forums. Lots of these folks are real friendly types. ^,^ Some people checked out my videos because of this, and actually told me they liked them! By the end of the day, I'm not kidding, I'd collected 10 new friends! 10! I was so pleasantly surprised, not to mention flattered. ^_^

Here's to random friends and talking to strangers! Whooo!

No comments: