Monday, November 2, 2009

oo

Okay, this was really funny. ^_^ Today, while I was reading the book I'm reading all about the Simpsons, the author mentioned this hilarious site that he found when the internet was just getting started:
http://www.alcyone.com/oo/index.html

I decided to check it out. Man, you won't know what hit you! My bro, sis and I clicked on all the links already. Each one is an incredible joke that all has to do with 2 little "o"s.

For example, this was one of my favorites. It's called "The Band"

There were four:
oooo
Then, in 1980, there were three:
ooo
In 2001 there were two:
oo

Now, one has to be very smart, extremely well-versed in pop culture, to recognise this little insider's joke. But I will let you in on the secret: "The Band" is referring to the Beatles! I'm positive, because there where 4 Beatles, John, Paul, George and Ringo. John died in 1980, then George died in 2001, and Paul and Ringo are still alive and kicking.

I just thought it was an incredible phenomenon, that these weird jokes could make me laugh when they are nothing but cleverly arranged pieces of text! All having to do with oo, in some weird way.

Here's another of my favorites that made me groan at myself. "The Agent":

007.

Again, I highly recommend someone checks this site out!

Comment with your favorites! Make up your own, if you can! Yes, that is a challenge. ^_~ So I can get you to play along, I promise that I will try and make up my own if you do.

No comments: