Sunday, November 22, 2009

The best day of my life!!! Pt. 1

I am not kidding. In all seriousness, I say that yesterday was one of the single best days I've ever experienced in my short life. I know that I'll treasure it in my memories forever. Want to know why? Because I had fun the entire day long! Not just a part of the day, but ALL day! Alright, let's see if I can remember everything. I will NOT be able to forgive myself if I forget to mention a single event. >,<

The plan was to see 2 movies in the theater in the same day while our parents went off to the beach. To keep it suspenseful, I won't tell you what their names are just yet, but will reveal them later when the time comes. (ha ha, I'm such a tease, aren't I? ^_~) Before the theater, I drove us to the library so we could return some things. It was a different library than we're used to going, but we had a fine time. Hung around, looked for DVDs to take out and stuff.

There was one section where you could actually buy old books and VHS tapes for very cheap, like 25 cents or 75 cents or something. I found the book "Mister Monday" by Garth Nix, which for some reason I remember Jacoby recommending to me... I don't know... as well as this Beatles sing-along video. When I went to pay for them, I only had a $20 bill on me. The guy said, "You don't have smaller change than that?" "No, sorry," I said. I thought that meant I had to put them back on the shelves where I found them. But then he said, "You know what, just take 'em." I couldn't believe that. "Really?" "Yeah, sure. Go ahead." So I got away with a free paperback book and VHS! Yay! That sure doesn't happen to me every day. ^_^

When it was around 1:30 we took off for the theater. Annette drove us this time. The movie was at 2:35, but we wanted to beat the crowd by buying the tickets early. ^_^ Which is what we did. 2:00 and tickets in hand, we were a little hungry after being at the library, so we went next door and ordered a pie from the Pizza Hut next door. (We don't like buying the theater concession stand food.) Unfortunately, the pizza took 15 minutes to be made. After playing arcades in the lobby for awhile (slightly boring) I picked up the pizza while my sibs stood in line to have our tickets checked. (Ha ha. It was interesting, because as soon as I walked back into the Pizza Hut building, the box was waiting for us. ^_^ I call that divine timing.) Another unfortunate thing was that when I went to get my ticket checked, the guy who rips your ticket in half said that I couldn't take the pizza inside the theater. (Stupid food rules! I hate it that they don't allow you to take in food that you bought somewhere else.) When I asked what to do with it, the guy offered to store it in the fridge in back for me so we could collect it later. Heh, that was nice of him. ^_^ All the same, no pizza for us. ~,~ Doh!

Okay, I suppose I've kept you waiting long enough. ^__^ The first movie Annette, Adam and I saw together was *drumroll*... "NEW MOON"! Yes, that's right! I saw installment #2 of the Twilight Saga the day after it debuted. ^_^ OMG, I loved, loved, loved it! Truly unbelievable! I thought it'd be impossible, but it turns out that the sequel was a lot better than the first. Awesome and amazing. The movie was much truer to the book than I dared expect it to be. Sooo good!

Keep in mind that I am the only one out of my family to have read the entire Twilight Saga, so only I was aware of what was about to happen next in the movie. That was a fun advantage to have over my bro and sis, getting to whisper and explain those little story details to them as we watched. But it was still a joy and an amazing experience to see this movie! So suspenseful and action-packed! Annette and Adam seemed to love it just as well as I did, perhaps more so, because they had no idea what would happen next! Parts of the movie were genuinely funny, I'm glad to say. It was also extremely intense, like you could really feel the gravity of each piece of dialogue. The fighting scenes were absolutely my favorite parts in the film, especially any scenes with werewolves in them. Man, those things were crazy scary! Those bear-sized animals actually looked pretty real, though I could tell it was CGI.

I'm not gonna lie to ya... Taylor Lautner is hot! Jacob Black has always been my favorite male Twilight character, but seeing "New Moon" made me crush on him even more!!! He is so CUTE! ^_^ I know I'm not the only one, but I sure was amazed by how buff and muscle-y he got for this role, and how much time he spent with his shirt off. I don't use this word a lot, but Taylor Lautner is sexy, dude. He's really the only guy that I can call that. Other guys have really cute faces and are sweet, but Taylor is sexy! Annette and Adam said after the movie that they were definitely converted to Team Jacob. (Since they never read all the books, they had no reason to believe that werewolves were cooler than vampires. =P)

Alright, you'll like to hear this. Remember I said in the beginning that we saw 2 films in one day? Well, we didn't have to pay for the other movie! Here's what we did: We went to the bathroom (I was the only one who held it in until the very end. Very full bladder, but I didn't miss a part, so I was proud.^_^), and then used the crowd to sneak into the next show we wanted to see! Ha ha! 1 ticket each, 2 movies! Yes, we are all devious criminals, but we saved several dollars in the process, and that's good in anyone's book. I didn't feel one smidgen of guilt, because we weren't hurting anybody. I mean, besides depriving the theater employees of our money, but they got that from our New Moon tickets, didn't they? Our actions were completely harmless, and besides to-tal-ly worth it! You want to know what we saw next? Well, you'll have to read Part 2 of this adventure, because this post is starting to get a little long... (Sorry for being such a tease, guys. ^_~)

1 comment:

Rainy said...

Gah! I was just about to write my post on New Moon too! Like right now! But you beat me to it XD All well. (I saw it the night it came out!)

I was Team Jacob from the start ^.~

I bet the other movie was 2012. Just a guess.