Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Where is everybody?

I wanted to write about a lot of stuff before. I made lots of drafts so I could talk about each thing separately without overwhelming you guys. Like this whole drama about how I wanted to go to a Teen Writer's Conference up in Utah that Dashner recommended (here's the post where he talks about it.) but it wasn't so practical for me. Or how I've seen a couple awesome shows on the Travel Channel, one about places where you can have fun to the extreme and one that lists the best ever water parks in the country.

Or how I finally was able to conquer my fear of the skateboard ramp I fumbled on over a month ago. Not once, not twice, but three times I "ripped" down the ramp without once falling off. That was cool. Now I've proven that I'm not a chicken anymore. ^_^

I've also finished the Pendragon adventure (here's the review of book 10 on my book blog!), gone to see a play of Guys and Dolls put on by my old friends (which made me reminisce about my High School Musical days), had dinner at my old favorite restaurant Sweet Tomatoes, and had homemade pizza yesterday, since it was Tuesday (I suppose we're having pizza on the last Tuesday of the month now instead of the first Tuesday).

But somehow, I get the feeling that you guys wouldn't be interested in that stuff, since it's so personal for me. Besides, I guess you get the basic idea with those short references. You don't really need to hear the whole story.

No, the actual point I wanted to get to in this post is a question. Like I say in my title... where did everybody go? Of course, when I wrote this draft I wanted to include James Dashner in that statement, but he posted recently, so he's out. But honestly, why does it seem that people aren't blogging much anymore? School's out now, so I thought for sure that certain people would have much more time to blog now. I also thought that certain people would have fixed a certain clue link by now so that their certain friend could continue their online scavenger hunt. It's driving me crazy!

Also, one of my other good friends hasn't blogged for at least five weeks, so I decided to quit following him. Sorry about that. I don't know what happened to him, but he still comments once in a while, so I know he hasn't disappeared off the face of the earth. So that's good.

I don't know. Perhaps it's because it's Summer that people don't want to blog anymore, because they don't want to be cooped up inside with their computer when they could be out and about having fun. I can understand that. But I still would like to know what's happening out there.

Maybe this is a sign that I should quit blogging soooo much as well. I mean, how many people will miss me? I ought to get back to writing my Imazia book (as my mom gently keeps pointing out ^,~). But before I sign off, I'd like to say that I'm pretty curious about the 9 followers I've somehow gathered in my roughly five months blogging. I know Annette (duh, she's my sister!), Brian, Lou Mac (who unfortunately made her blog private since Valentines Day, so I have no idea how she is) and Rainy, but everyone else is a stranger to me. If everyone who reads this post would be kind enough to give me a comment, introduce themselves to me, let me know that they really care, I'd much appreciate it.

6 comments:

Q said...

I just haven't had much to blog about! Sometimes I have lots to say, sometimes I don't.

Brian said...

I've had things to blog about, but I just don't have the time. I've had tons of school work. I'll write a post on June first for sure.

J.N. Future Author said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

DOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN'TTTTTTTTTTTTT LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rainy said...

Yeah, blogger has been neglected lately. But not abandoned. If you blog less, then it might be abandoned :) Then it'll be lonely. We wouldn't want that!

Magenta said...

I just want to say thank you, to all my best friends, for commenting and making me feel better. You're the greatest. ^__^

Q, I hope you have something to blog about soon. Haven't heard from you in a couple days. But take your time.

Brian, I'm gonna hold you to that June 1st thing. Hope it's good.

Jacoby, despite the format, I think your comment cheered me up the very most. Thank you. It's good to feel wanted. I assure you I won't leave. ^_^

Rainy, you are so nice. I don't want Blogger to be a lonely place. I'll blog just enough so the site doesn't feel abandoned (though with all the people in the world blogging, I don't see how that can ever happen.)

Anonymous said...

how lucky to create & share your thoughts..just keep doing it!! I love you thissss much G.