Friday, May 1, 2009

Me oh my... It's MAY!!!

Man oh man, I am so excited! The month I have been looking forward to the very most has finally arrived. It's funny. Yesterday, if I'd had the time to blog, I would've tried making use of the phrase, "May-day, May-day!" You know, because it was the first day of May? Ah, forget it...

Down here are all the reasons that I am super excited for May:
  • Tonight is the premiere of Jonas, the Jo Bros new television show. As most of you should know, I love the Jonas brothers! I've already seen a sneak peek of the show, with their theme song and stuff, and the show looks like it's totally going to rock! This is saying something, because I don't really care for many of the Disney Channel shows shown these days. Plus, besides the music, I didn't really like Camp Rock, despite the fact that the movie featured the Jonas brothers. But I'm convinced that I'll like Jonas!
  • Tomorrow, May 3rd, I'll be performing in the improv show that all my Thursday classes were leading up to. To tell you the truth, I'm not exactly looking forward to this, because my improvisation skills haven't really improved, per se. Like, I don't think I'm ready for it, and scared that I'll make a fool of myself. But in our last class, the teacher, Robin, reassured us that the show is nothing. The class was all about having fun and learning how to do improv. That's it. Well, I guess everyone had fun alright... goofing off most of the time! I hate that. But I suppose it's a good thing that it's tomorrow, because then it'll be over quickly.
  • Um, this probably doesn't have much significance, but May 6th is the date that is centered upon in the plot of James Dashner's Journal of Curious Letters, so I thought that was pretty cool. Like, that's the Big Day, where Tick does his silly song and dance ritual that the twelve clues told him to do. I just thought it should be, like, a Dashner Day or something. I wonder if James himself is aware of that?
  • May 7th, the day I'm FINALLY going to get a tour of New College up in Sarasota! Yesterday Annette and I got a letter in the mail, giving us information about the tour and the school and the restaurants and attractions in the area. Sounds like so much fun! Sarasota is 3 hours from where I live, so I figure we're going to make a whole day trip of this thing. Annette and I will even get to sit in on a class! The only two choices are Religion or Sociology. I don't know whether we'll retain anything from either of these classes, but Annette wants to sit in on Religion while I'd like to "learn" about Sociology. Maybe we should seperate, cover more ground or something, get different experiences? I would really like to be with my twin sister a lot of the time, but I imagine it would be fun taking different classes, meeting different people. I just simply can't wait!
  • Jacoby Nielsen, writer of the blog Ditto's Pad, has promised to put up this 100-clue game that will take us all over the internet and sounds like a lot of fun. He hasn't talked about it a lot recently, but I haven't forgotten about it. (Sorry, my memory is like an elephant's. ^,^) He is either going to release it on May 8th, which is his 1 year anniversary of blogging, or May 23, his birthday and the day school gets out. I definitely look forward to when school is over, so that my friends will hopefully have more time to talk and stuff. Anyway, good luck with the 100 clues, J.N. ^,~
  • May 10th, which is Mother's Day. ^,^ I don't know what I'll do for my mom yet, but I know that I should start thinking about how to make a good card for her. If you haven't heard, my sister and I are expert homemade greeting card makers. Whatever. I'm sure we'll come up with a plan for her soon.
  • The day Pendragon # 10: Soldiers of Halla comes out in bookstores, which is May 12th! I'm definitely psyched for that book to become available, because I love the series a lot! I would like to finish that Before the War trilogy before then. I wonder if I should buy the book the day it comes out, or wait like I always do for it to come in my library? Because I know that that can possibly take forever. But I don't like buying books because after I read it once, I don't think I would have the need to pick it up again, because I know the story. Maybe I should simply read it whenever I go to Borders or something. If it's even there.
So many awesome things to look forward to this month. Unfortunately, this means I'll have to be very patient! My calendar quote, by Ralph Waldo Emerson, says "Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience." Ha. Easier said than done!

Ciao for now!

No comments: