Monday, May 25, 2009

Lots to explain...

Well, so much for being concise and blogging every once in a while. I think I'm piled up on topics to blog about. A lot has happened over my weekend, and I'm not sure how to explain it all. Q's right. I guess it's not in my nature to be content with short posts. But really, I will try not to make this difficult for you.

Let's see... the farthest I can remember back to is Friday. That was cool. Annette and I joined our mom and Adam in their home-school meeting because, instead of going to the park as usual, they were going to Kailen and Toni-Ann's house, and they'd talked about how much fun it'd been last time they went that we figured it would be fun to go. Also, my sister and I had volunteered our time to lead a discussion of why numbers are fun and important. Yep. Not why math is fun, but numbers.

I think we did a pretty good job. I mean, how would you feel if you had to convince a circle of kids that numbers are a good thing, with the bad rep that math gets these days! But we showed them a few cute number tricks and that tided them over.

Hey, do you guys know the story of the king and the gardener? That was an especially good hit with the kids. When the gardener starts working for the king, he asks that he gets a penny for his first day, and then 2 pennies the next day, and 4 pennies after that. Each day, the king was to double his salary, no matter what. The king (not very smart) thought this was a wonderful deal! But the gardener wagered that the king wouldn't last even a month before he handed the entire kingdom over to him. To figure out the end of this story, it'd be best to use a calculator. Just keep doubling the numbers 30 times, and you'll see why the gardener soon became king.

The house was really fun. The family has a couple sweet dogs, Bella and Lucky. Bella was definitely my favorite. She's a two year old golden retriever that acts like a goofy, hyper, overgrown puppy. She can do basic tricks, like sit, lie down and shake paw. You just have to get her attention. She'll do it for anyone. It's cool telling a dog what to do.

The other dog, Lucky, is small. I'm not sure what breed he is, but he's small as a chihuahua and 14 years old. He's still active though. He has short fur, so when I pet him I think of our hamster, Hazel. Even though it rained a lot that day, we were able to jump on their giant trampoline outside. I love jumping! Who doesn't? I don't get to trampoline a lot, so whenever I do, it's so much fun!

Ummm, I've seen a couple good old movies recently. The Terminal, with Tom Hanks, and Death Becomes Her, with Maryl Streep, Goldie Hawn and Bruce Willis. Those both have really good stories. I highly recommend them.

Well look, this isn't everything I wanted to talk about, but I'm not very in the mood. It would take too long a time to write about everything. I'll post something else later.

No comments: