Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How I like Pottermore so far

Like I said I would, I've been exploring this site some. Or, at least, I've been trying to. It's extremely bothersome how often the site crashes! Honestly, it's been like this all day. >_< But when I am able to gain access, it is a very interesting site... I would call it a kind of game, only I'm still trying to learn the rules.
It seems like it takes you on a journey through each of the books, right from the beginning, at the Sorceror's Stone. Browsing through the chapters one by one is cool, because you get interesting facts about characters and things. For example, when learning about the Dursleys, I read an interesting backstory about how Vernon and Petunia met and got married, and how they interacted with the Potters (or, rather, didn't). I won't say anymore. ^_~ You can see for yourself in October.
As of now, I've managed to get to chapter 5, right after the point when Harry learns he's a wizard from Hagrid. This is when he gets to Diagon Alley. There's no interesting animation or sound effects to this experience, something that it seems lots of users have complained about. My account isn't that exciting yet, but I'm guessing that will change when I "buy" stuff in Diagon Alley, get into Hogwarts, and get sorted into a house. I hope that happens quickly!

I'm not sure how friends are supposed to work in Pottermore world, but so far I got 3 friend requests. I don't know why they want to be friends with me, but okay, they can be my friends. Maybe things will be clearer when I get to Hogwarts? I hope so. (Be my friend, Rainy! I requested you!)

That's it for today. I wanted to post about so much more, but I'm pretty tired now, so I'll blog about the other stuff tomorrow. Good night, then!

No comments: