Friday, June 11, 2010

Long live home movies!

Since coming home from Israel, Annette and I have been engaged in a really fun project: Converting our old VCR tapes of the Levy's past into DVDs! From analog to digital. From frames on film to 1s and 0s, bits and bytes. ^_^

It's a lot of hard work, because sometimes the sound is slightly out of sync with the action, so we have to carefully and meticulously edit and fix it so that it all looks great. But then, anyone who owns home movies knows that the end result is well worth the effort.

It's so interesting, delving into the past! I'm seeing my twin baby self, my 5 year-old self, my preteen self... It's so hard to believe that I was once all these younger mes! ^_^ I am adorable.

Of course, there's also my sister Annette (with me every step of the way in these videos), my younger brother Adam (oh my god, what a cute baby he was!!!), my parents (they look so cool in the past! [Don't worry, Mom and Dad. You are still cool in the present. You know what I mean. ^_~]), and a bunch of my extended family.

We still have a long way to go before we've turned all our memories digital, but I'm not complaining. I'm just going to enjoy the journey down Memory Lane. ^_^

No comments: