Monday, April 20, 2009

Something New

I've wondered a few times on this blog what I was going to do with my future. Well, I think researching this college has certainly been keeping me occupied and daydreaming more than ever.

It's called New College, and it's right here in Florida. Well, it's in Sarasota, a place I've never been that is 3 hours from where I live, but it's right in my home-state, and I never knew it! I only found out about this school yesterday, and I now dream of going there instead of Harvard.

This definitely sounds like my dream school. You should just see this link alone, which lists all the ways you can have fun there, and you'll see how much I'd adore going there. Just look at how many clubs they have listed! This tour is also an amazing resource to get to know this school. My favorite parts are Step 4: Recreation, Stop 10: Student Life, and Stop 11: Dining.

I don't mean to make you jealous, but I feel so thrilled just to have found out about this college. I thought I wouldn't find one that fit me so much. My mom called the school, and I think we'll go up there for a tour or something around the start of May, like the 7th. I am so excited. (^,^) (^,^) (^,^) Really. When I read about the fun you can have at New College, I literally cried. Real tears. Not because I think I'll never get in to this, but because I was kind of saying, "Thank you, God, for showing me this beautiful possibility." I was so, so happy. I cannot describe the moment.

I hope more will come out of this. It may be too late for Annette or I to join Fall, but we have as fair a chance as any to make the 2010 Spring class. May can't come soon enough for me know. This New College, Pendragon #10, the 100 clues...

Oh, and guess what? I'm at the library, and my brother Adam spontaneously decided to check out James Dashner's first 13th Reality book! He must be very curious about why I think Dashner is so great and how it got me to start blogging and all that. I hope he likes it. Maybe I could read it to him myself...

3 comments:

J.N. Future Author said...

hehe, of course he will like it ^.^ I did!

I can't wait till Pendragon 10!!!! Bettina! Where did you hide the time machine! we must go to the future! ^.~

Q said...

That's a beautiful school.

Unknown said...

Hello. I stumbled across your blog because I was searching for a photo of New College for a project I'm doing.

I just wanted to let you know that I'm about to graduate from New College and that it is really a fabulous school. I started two clubs while I've been here, double-majored, and got into grad school, so yay for all that!

I wish you the best of luck with your college hunt, I know it can be confusing and stressful. Remember that New College has rolling admission, so don't feel constrained by formal deadlines :)