I don't know if I'm too old to actually watch Nickelodeon's Kids' Choice Awards, but I do know that this show is a whole lot better than the Oscar Awards. That's because it gives awards to people that kids really care about, and kids get to vote, not just people behind the scenes who only think they know who deserves awards. Plus I see a load more famous people that I love and recognize. I think kids know movies a lot better than adults. Here are some things that I enjoyed about the show:
- iCarly won for Best T.V. show. I'm glad it did. That show is so randomly funny.
- The cast of HSM 3 came up to accept the award for favorite all-time movie. It was really cool. Corbin Bleu got to yell his "What Team!" chant one last time. That was cool.
- The Jonas Brothers won best Music Group. No surprise there. The other nominees were no competition.
- The Twilight Saga won for Best Book Series. The guy who plays Jacob (Taylor Lautner. I think he's pretty cute!) accepted it for Stephenie Meyer and said that New Moon will show up in November! I think that is so exciting!
- Leonardo DiCaprio, one of my favorite male actors (even if he's now 34) accepted a Big Green Help award. That's for being a great environmentalist. That's really awesome. I had no idea that he actually drove a hybrid car and has solar panels on his roof.
- Dwane Johnson, who was hosting the KCA, said he would either pretend to be an opera singer, knit a pair of legwarmers, or dress up as Miley Cyrus. He asked everyone to vote which they'd rather have him do. We decided, "what the heck?" and voted for him to dress as Miley. I was glad and thought it was funny when "the Rock" walked out in a red Miley Cyrus dress. This allows me to believe that our vote truly mattered in this show. Again, a big reason why I like this better than the Oscars.
- The group that played before the Jonas Brothers, a group I'd never heard of before, The Pussy Cat Dolls, weren't all that good, in my opinion. I have no idea why kids would want to listen to these girls' songs. None, other than the fact that these woman look really sexy and wear tight pants and have big... you know. They probably appeal to young boys. I don't like it, though. For one thing, their songs aren't hummable, unlike the ones the Jo Bros' play. For another, these "Pussy Cats" don't look like a real group. Only the lead singer woman in front stood out among the five members. I didn't get an impression from anyone else. But the Jonas Brothers? Their fans have a reason to love all three of them. They are their own personalities, they're young and they're all good looking. But that's just me.
- Wall-E failed again to get an award for best Animated Movie. The one that did win was Madagascar 2. I find that strange, since it was up against Bolt and Kung-Fu Panda. Madagascar, to me, seemed the least likely to win. I really didn't like that film, especially when compared to the other films. I was so sad for Wall-E. It doesn't seem like the kids appreciated it as much as Annette, Adam and I did.
- The burping competition was a little weird. I don't know what the point of that was.
- When Will Ferrel (I don't think this guy's funny anymore) went for the record of sliding down a slime luge, or a sluge. I wasn't impressed. And another thing. Why is Nickelodeon all about slime? I do not get kids who want to be splashed in green gook. It gets all in your face and your hair and your clothes...Ughhhh. What is it made of, anyway?
Also, tonight's SNL episode is a rerun. The one with Alec Baldwin and the Jonas Brothers. I didn't really know that. So I'm kind of disappointed. Well, at least next week will be a new episode. Seth Rogen will host. And I hear that the week after that, Zac Efron will. That's exciting.
Alright, I'm out.