For example, at my end it's a little before 5:30, and we're supposed to leave the house at 7:15, because the testing center is about a half hour's drive from here. For some reason, they ask you to show up early instead of on time. :~P
I'm not exactly supposed to be up this early. Not that I'm not allowed to, but every one else is sleeping at this time. So shhhhhhh! I don't want to wake anyone! Our alarm is set more for 6:15. I simply wanted to prove myself that if I had to make myself get up early, I could. And I did. I always do, it seems. Also, I wanted to make sure I had the time to keep you guys posted. ^,^
So here's the plan. Already, Annette and I've got all these supplies set up and ready to go:
- Four sharpened #2 pencils with good erasers (2 for me, 2 for Annette. They say we need to be prepared)
- A couple reliable but uncomplicated calculators
- Our SAT entrance ticket thingies that we had to print out
- Cereal in baggies to eat on the breaks between sections, plus two apples.
- Photo ID (in the form of our Florida driver's permits, which I hope will soon turn into full-blown driver's licences)
- A couple good wrist-watches, to keep better track of time than the ol' clock on the wall (borrowed from parents)
- A couple good books to read whenever bored. I have the book Scat, by Carl Hiaason (which I'll talk about later in my book blog), and Annette is going to read Join Me, on my recommendation.
- Our digital camera, just in case we want to take some historical pictures or something, like Annette and I in front of the school or soemthing. Any photos of this kind you'll see in several hours on Picture Perfect.
- Some "cheat sheets" with a bunch of fancy SAT words to read over before the test, so we get them inside our heads, like when we're waiting outside the building.
- We are also set with some money, because after the test is finally over we're going to be taking the bus home. And maybe stop somewhere on the way. I'll tell you about it later.
You know, I was just remembering the last time I took the SAT test, a few months ago, before I even began blogging. We took it on Nov. 1 of '08, which was a kind of funky time, being the day right after Halloween. I recall being extremely nervous at that time. I had no idea what to expect at that time. But now I do. Well, some idea. This test is going to be at a different school, so I don't know if there'll be a difference. Most likely not, though.
So I think I'd better stop now. Already it's just past 6:00. I don't think I'll be able to sneak off back to sleep again, but I can try. I think I hear someone lurking, up and about now, though I can't be sure. I just want to say something, maybe a little goofy, but relevant to this time. "I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready!" *say it like Spongebob Squarepants.* Yeah, told you it was goofy. But that's kind of how I feel. So good night... er, morning! Wish me good luck! I'll tell you all about it when I get home later! 'Bye! ^,^