Sunday, June 26, 2011

FREE HUGS!

First, see this video to appreciate the gravity of this post.
I promise, it's a good one.
This movie has gotten over sixty-nine million views!
Isn't it so awesomely sweet? ^_^
(Plus, I love the music.)

It was the inspiration behind my sister, brother and I creating our own Free Hugs campaign. To tell the truth, it was my bro Adam's idea to actually bring it to life! We made a couple bold-lettered signs, drove to our local mall, and honestly started giving out free hugs to total strangers!!! Yay! Plus we brought a camera and filmed a bunch of movies! Here's a picture in front of the mall, from before we started:
It was incredible! A lot more fun than I expected it would be! ^_^ I lost track of how many people we hugged, but I'm willing to bet that, if you put them all together, we gave at least 50 hugs. I mean, I couldn't really prove it, but I felt as if I gave 50 hugs by myself, so it could have been lots more! (I assure you, though, that there are 18 hugs I can indisputably prove, because they were on film. ^,^)

The 3 of us hugged all sorts! Men, women, children. Didn't matter if you were black, white, short, tall, fat or thin. If you read our sign and decided to take us up on our offer, you got a big hug!
We made a music video in Adobe Premier Pro, with Burt Bacharach's song "What the World needs now is love." Annette did all the editing. (Thanks, sis!) It is really something sweet. ^_^
Next Saturday is actually National Free Hugs Day! So if you feel so moved (and I hope you do, because it's really so much fun!), on July 2, 2011, make your own FREE HUGS sign, go to a busy place, and hug people who want to be hugged, but don't know they do until they see your sign. ^_~ Have fun!

1 comment:

Rainy said...

That was really cute >.< It made me smile.

*virtual hug*