Saturday, March 6, 2010

'Bye Keren

Well, I was right about having a pleasant weekend with my cousin. Keren was so much fun to be with; she's just so happy, full of adventure and spunk. When she first arrived at our house, she took the opportunity to show us some truly spectacular pictures from her previous travels on Facebook. She's an awesome photographer! We showed her a lovely time with a healthy dinner and then some fun playing billiards at our local town center, even though it was quite chilly. She doesn't play a lot, but she put the winning shot in, so yay!

On Friday the next day, we took her with us to our home-school meeting. It actually took place in a park Annette and I had never been to before. Anyway, we led the kids in that invigorating exercise routine, the Chicken Fat song (see a couple posts previously) and everyone had lots of fun. I've actually been practicing this with my bro and sis all week, so I've kind of improved my sit-ups. It still hurts like h-e-double hockey-stick, but at least I can keep up.

After the park, my mom dropped us off at the theater, where me, my siblings and Keren would enjoy Tim Burton's adaptation of Alice in Wonderland. The funny thing is that my brother decided to dress up as Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter character, so he put on an orange wig (our mom had actually dyed it orange for him), a top hat with a scarf around it and a colorful tie. Save for the make-up, I'm telling you, Adam looked exactly like the Hatter. ^_^ Adorable. The movie was okay, I think. Funny. I liked the acting. Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum were my favorite characters. It didn't really make sense in the end...

That evening we had a delicious Shabbat dinner and, like we do pretty much every Friday night, Annette, Adam and I sang the songs we'd individually learned and practiced all week, to add to our repertoire of songs we know by heart. I think Keren was impressed. Afterward, we actually browsed through past performances we'd put on a DVD (we record all our performances) and it was really funny to watch. Adam was particularly hilarious in one clip. LOL!

This morning was quite lovely. Our mom pulled out some old photo albums that had Keren and Annette and I as much younger kids. Ah, a trip down memory lane... love it. Then we drove Keren downtown to where Annette and I rehearse our "Once Upon a Broadway Dream" play. We came an hour early, so we could walk around and show her some sights before going back and leaving her to explore on her own a tiny bit. Rehearsal was extremely satisfying. We nailed all our dance steps and even learned a new one. Keren didn't get to see us dance, but came in just as we were finishing up our singing. When we finally got home, it was time for Keren to leave. ~,~ I will definitely miss her. She was such a fun person to be with.

No comments: