Thursday, February 18, 2010

It's gonna be goooood!

Alright, I'm a little behind on my blogging, but I'm telling you, a lot of great stuff has been happening this week. For example, this Tuesday I finally saw The Princess and the Frog, Disney's latest animated classic. Oh my god, I can't even begin to tell you how much I loved that movie! I'm serious, it's my favorite Disney movie of all time now!

I can hardly believe that Disney finally got one right again. I loved a lot of Disney movies that came from the '90s, such as Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, Hunchback of Notre Dame, all those good ones, but ever since the 21st century, I've kind of been disappointed by the movies Disney's turned out. Especially since they chose to go 3D. ~,~

But this one film has singlehandedly brought back my faith in Disney's classic touch! Dazzling animation, wonderful and charming characters, show-stopping original songs, a villain you love to hate, and a story that makes absolute sense. ^__^ Every minute that I sat through that movie, I was either smiling or laughing and just plain appreciating all the work that was put into making another old fairy tale come to life in an extremely tasteful way. You guys have GOT to see this! In fact, here's a trailer that might further convince you to go watch it, if my review hasn't already.

I order you to view this. It'll only take up 2 minutes of your time.


Boy oh boy. And if that's not enough excitement for you, here's some more. I think that me and my twin sister Annette might actually be going to Israel this summer!!! Yay! Does anyone remember the Birthright program I've talked about before? I tried to apply last year in September, for a winter trip. That didn't go too well. But this time, Annette and I registered and we got in! I'm so happy. ^_^

The weirdest part, though, was that after we completed the first application process (personal stuff and paying the refundable fee), there was supposed to be a Secondary application that handled which trip we went on, but something went a little buggy and we got emails saying the site was experiencing technical difficulties. Only today have we been able to finally access our applications. Phew! Oh, and we can change those at any time, so that's good.

Okay, here's another reason for me to be really happy. A long time ago, way back in August (wow, it felt like it was much longer ago! 0,o) one of our laptops went down. The reason wasn't very clear, but let's just say that the Simpsons were involved. (Here's the full story) The internet got infected or something, and when we got a shiny new Sony Vaio for our birthday, our sick computer fell out of use and gathered dust.

But yesterday we turned that around. ^_^ We reformatted the hard-drive (after backing up important stuff like old pictures and movies and other files), installed Windows XP, and got it working on the internet again! Yeah, I make it sound like it was all easy, but it WASN'T. There were a lot of loading screens, and waiting was involved too. But we couldn't be happier with the end product. Now we have 3 computers that can function and go online! 3 kids, 3 machines, perfect!

No comments: