Saturday, December 6, 2014

My review of "Earth To Echo"







Usually I'm not home during a weekend, so this is new for me. Normally I'd be visiting my boyfriend and having fun with him, but he's got some end-of-the-semester studying and essay writing to do. I'd hoped to at least see Jerome today... I guess we'll just have to wait to see each other at the beach tomorrow. ~_~ Well, it will make seeing him all the more sweeter. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and all that.

Still, I was feeling pretty disappointed and down tonight... Until I watched this movie with my sister Annette...

So a while ago, Annette and I found this website where we could see entire movies online, even movies that have only come out this year! Movies like How To Train Your Dragon 2 (so awesome!!!) and Maleficent (uhhhhh... I wouldn't watch it if I were you. XP) Tonight we decided to see Earth To Echo, which apparently came out in theaters this past summer. AND IT WAS FREAKING INCREDIBLE!!!

Seriously, now I'm sad that I didn't see this in the theater. It was one of those insanely amazing movies that had me on the edge of my seat, caring about the characters, and laughing out loud. I remember someone saying that if a movie or a show or any kind of story is able to make you gasp, it's doing something right, and this movie absolutely did that.

Basically, these 3 preteen boys come across this little alien trying to rebuild his spaceship and go back to his home planet. This may sound like a story that's been done to death, but this felt like it was done right! The alien Echo was just cute! ^,^ And those special effects!!! Oh my god, when they were driving the car and they were about to crash into the truck, and somehow Echo made all the truck's parts fly apart (including the driver!) and come back together again behind them... I just about lost it right there!!!

I wish I could put it in words what makes the movie was so good... I'm afraid I would just come out incoherent. Plus I don't want to give away any spoilers. :P All I know is that there were moments in the movie that just filled me with a sense of real wonder, and I loved it. It was one of those films that make me wish I'd never seen it, so I could watch it for the first time again. Well, I know one thing. The next opportunity I get, I am totally seeing this with Jerome. ^_^

The movie was filmed in the "found footage" format, like the Paranormal Activity series and that super hero movie Chronicle. Here is the link so you can see Earth To Echo for yourself.
www.putlocker2.me/watch-earth-to-echo-2014-online-free-megashare.html

No comments: