Sunday, October 30, 2011

On writing

I'm not sure what brought about this change in me, but I have noticed that I don't blog nearly as often as I used to. Not only don't I blog, but I also really don't do any writing of any sort. I haven't had the inspiration to write new poems or take on short story side projects in a really long time. I can blame it on a busy schedule and my lazy habits, but I inevitably have to own up to the hard facts.

I like to think of myself as a writer. A person who loves to write. So why am I not writing?This weekend, I decided that I would dive back into the writing world, head first, even if the water is slightly cold at first splash.

I visited a small weekly writing group at my library yesterday (VERY small. It was just my sister, me, and 3 other people) and I had a nice enough time.

Also this morning I got an email from NaNoWriMo (I've been getting emails from them ever since I joined and gave up in 2009) that said there would be a "kick-off NaNo" party at our Barnes & Noble. Up until now, I hadn't even considered spending November to work on a 50,000 word novel, but I really wanted to make friends with other writers, so I went to B&N anyway. There were about a dozen people who came. We all introduced ourselves and talked about the novels we intended to write, or had already written. Everyone was slightly shy, but extremely friendly and imaginative. I suppose that's a pretty universal trait of a writer. Creative minds living inside un-assuming exteriors...

Because of this little meeting, I rejoined the website and have been having fun visiting the forums on this lazy Sunday. I'm still debating in my mind whether I want to actually go the whole 50,000 word hog, or simply resolve to be a better writer this month... Well, those words sure aren't going to write themselves.In other news, Halloween is tomorrow! What are you going as? I dressed up the other day, and I think I had an awesome costume! I call myself Magenta, or Pretty in Pink. ^_~In other other news, please check out the website Damn You, Auto correct. It makes for hours of tear-filled laughs. LOL!!!!!

1 comment:

Rainy said...

Nice wig ;)

I signed up for NaNo this year on a whim. I really want to get to it this year, but I have this competition thing to go to the first week of November and I haven't been thinking about NaNo as much as I wanted to because of school and bleh.

Hopefully Halloween tomorrow will give us both some good ideas.