Saturday, September 18, 2010

Breaking the Fast

Today was the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur. All day I didn't eat, drink, use the computer or watch television. Basically the point is to get rid of these distractions so you can feel sorry for any bad things or wrong-doing you've done this year, to anyone at all. Family, friends, even strangers. You seek forgiveness, suffer, and hope that God has written your name in the Book of Life.

The really hard part is in the fasting, though. I'm proud to say I wasn't very hungry throughout the day, but just for the last hour or so, my throat was parched and I was desperate for a drink. Finally we saw 3 stars in the sky and broke our fast. ^_^

And now I'm free to use the computer again! ^_~

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry if I have wronged anyone this year. I hope you will forgive me.

May you too be written in the Book of Life. ^_^

No comments: