Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Funny exercise

Okay, I know it's been more than a week since my last blog post, and I'm sorry. ~,~ Gosh, reading blogs is so much more fun than writing them myself. But this morning I got a forwarded email from my mom, and it was really funny! Everyone reading this has to try this little experiment:
1. While sitting at your desk in front of your computer (How can you be anywhere else if you're reading this?), lift
your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.
2. Now, while doing this, draw the number '6' in the air with your right hand.

Your foot will change direction. Every time. I promise!

Isn't that so freaky?! You can't control it. It just boggles the mind, doesn't it? ^_^

Alright, so that funny little mind-test was just an excuse to get me started on a blog post, so here's a couple other things. Since you guys have told me that my other blog background hasn't been too good for you (you keep seeing black), I decided to change my layout again. What do you think? All pink and grainy crystal? Let's hope that this background holds. If you like it. =P

Wow, can you guys believe that it's only 3 days until Halloween? Amazing. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do for Halloween, but I think it's been decided that Annette and I will be hippie girls, instead of Michael Jackson come back from the dead. ~,~ No, it's okay. I'm fine with it. But my little bro Adam has a TOTALLY awesome costume made out. I'm not going to tell you what it is though. Not until I can get a picture after Halloween. Hee hee. I'm such a tease.

So guess what the day after Halloween, Nov. 1, means? No, not just the beginning of a whole new month. No, not that we'll have completed five sixths of the entire year of 2009, though that is quite an alarming fact, isn't it? 0,O Okay, I'll tell you. It means that NaNoWriMo begins, and I will have to write at least 1,667 words every day if I hope to produce a 50,000 word novel by the end of the month!

I am totally excited by this prospect, because I believe that my basic story idea is a good one. Well, I think it'll keep me writing for 50,000 words and not let me run out of ideas in the middle, anyway. If anyone feels curious about it, comment and I'll be happy to talk about it in my next post. ^_~

Here's one hint though: I asked my friend Jacoby (he's still in Mongolia) if I could use him as a character in the story, and he said I could! Phew! I was so worried he'd say no. ^_^ I mean, I don't know how I'd react to someone asking me if they could use me in a story. But I'm relieved that the reaction was positive in this case. Thanks, J. N.! You're awesome! ^,^ (Of course, you do realize that I'd have written you in my story anyway. I just wanted to know that I had your approval. So, you know. =P)

Hmm, so what else can I talk about? Well, I've seen a couple of cool movies in the theater recently. A week ago I saw Julie and Julia (which is basically a film about cooking, publishing a recipe book, and a girl who discovers blogging! I totally loved it! Meryl Streep and Amy Adams are fantastic!), and yesterday I saw the remake of Fame (sooo much better than the original. Like, a 100 times better!). Both of these movies I highly recommend seeing. ^,^

In other news... The Latiener Gang now has more than a dozen more followers than The Dashner Dude does! Unbelievable! But I knew they would do it in the end, so good work, Latts! ^_~ (Remember to enter in their awesome, awesome mega-contest. Who knows? You might win something! There are literally a TON of literary prizes to be won here!)

Alright, I think that does it. I will try to write a lot more often. 'Bye!

1 comment:

Q said...

It's a psychological thing. Your brain hemispheres get their wires crossed when you're trying to draw the circle and the six.