Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day! I love you!

How on earth do you manage to
Accomplish what you do every day?
Please, what is our secret?
Preparing tasty, healthy snacks and
Yummy meals for all of us,

Mending and patching clothes, keeping
Order and neatness where we live,
Teaching us valuable life lessons,
House-cleaning and so much more.
Everything you do around here is honestly,
Really appreciated a lot. You are a
Special person. Very special. You

Deserve all the happiness
A person can possibly get. Oh,
Yes, you most certainly do.

In honor of this wonderful holiday,

Let us shower you with praise
Over and over and over again. You are
Valuable beyond reasonable description,
Even for a writer such as myself.

Yesterday you were loved, but
Only half as much as today. Wait
Until tomorrow comes along, though!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the acrostic poem that I wrote especially for my mom on Mother's Day. ^_^ When she read the handmade cards that my siblings, my dad and I made for her, she got emotional and had a few tears in her eyes as she read each one.

I actually had another paragraph in the card that is an acrostic of her name, but the poem works well without it. I figure this poem can now refer to anyone in the world's mother (anyone who is a writer, that is).

We love you, moms of the world!!! ^_~

3 comments:

Silvergal said...

Thank you Bettina, I loved your card so much, just a beautiful expression...thank you...with all my heart, S

Anonymous said...

Dearest Bettina: Your beautiful poem brought tears to my eys, also..what a lucky Ima you have!!
See you very soon..your loving Safta

Rainy said...

It seriously is lucky of you to have a mom worth writing a poem for. It's good you guys appreciate that too. Most people I know......jeez.